Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Beautiful Day

Those of you who are familiar with me know that I am the caregiver for my mother who has Alzheimer's disease. Some days are more difficult than others but every day with her is a blessing. Today, we braved the cold and went out for a while. Momma does not appreciate the brisk air as much as I do and she usually attempts to retreat to the comfort of the warm house. Since I had errands to attend to, I had to foil her attempt. Once we were out, she behaved beautifully! We ended up having a lovely day. Thank God for small favors.

Momma is relaxing while I prepare dinner and a special treat for her. She deserves to be rewarded frequently just for having been such a wonderful mother, but if ever she earned a bit of pampering, it was today.

Momma and I hope that you had a beautiful day as well. If not, hopefully, you'll get the chance to make it happen tomorrow.

Good night and be blessed!

~Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment