Sunday, January 24, 2010

The reason I write

There are a number of reasons why I write. As I child I stuttered badly, but I always felt I had something to say that I wanted others to hear. I was teased while in elementary school so badly that I made it up in my mind that I was going to say what I had to say. When the words did come out, they did so in a flash and no one understood me anyway so the problem was still there. So early on my parents taught me to read and write. As a child I loved telling stories which more often than not, I wrote them down(went thru quite a bit of paper, too). By writing stories, reports at work, etc, I was able to communicate my thoughts.

The love of writing followed me and I decided to write songs, scripts, book. Now I am an author, writing under a pen name, Leigh McKnight. My birth name is Minnie Dix and I have written a number of books. My first published piece was in 1996,a short story, The Storm Within,From My Front Porch, self-published in 1997, 150 Reasons Why I Can't Serve On Jury Duty(humor), a series of children books, The Oak Trees That Talk(4 books), Belcher, The 10th Reindeer, The Reindeer That Missed The Flight, Champagne Dreams & Chocolate Kisses(short romantic stories. My First novel, From My Front Porch was recently re-published by Urban Soul under two titles, From My Front Porch and Sinners Never Sleep.

I enjoy writing and I am working on several other projects. I am just grateful to have a voice in doing what I so love and I truly want to thank so many of you for loving me and my work. Blessings to you all.

Much Love,
~~Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment